Dental Implants – Bettendorf, IA
From Top to Bottom
With dental implants in Bettendorf, Dr. Pogue doesn’t just replace a patient’s missing teeth, he practically gives them their natural teeth back. The new teeth are fitted to small titanium posts placed within the jawbone that act like tooth roots, creating a prosthetic with a look and fit that a patient will enjoy for decades to come. From single crowns to full dentures, Dr. Pogue can use implants to help patients recover any number of missing teeth, and he can guarantee a comfortable experience every step of the way. Are you ready to stop living with gaps in your smile? If so, contact us today to learn more about implants.
Why Choose Pleasant Valley Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Dentist is a Fellow of the International Dental Implant Association
- Newest Technology Guarantees a Comfortable Experience & Gorgeous Results
- Entire Procedure Provided In-House To Help Patients Save Time & Money
Benefits of Dental Implants
Why does Dr. Pogue always recommend dental implants first to his patients dealing with tooth loss? Because they offer several benefits you just can’t get with other treatments:
- Because implanted teeth have roots just like real ones, patients can eat whatever they like without dealing with embarrassing slippage or breakage.
- Every implant is topped with a custom-made porcelain restoration that is specially designed to blend into a patient’s smile.
- Once in place, implant roots actually stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone loss. This helps keep it strong so the other teeth won’t shift.
- By maintaining the jawbone, dental implants also ensure that a patient’s facial muscles always have adequate support, leading to a more healthy and youthful appearance.
- When placed by a specially-trained dentist like Dr. Pogue, implants have been shown to last for 30 years or more.
Indications for Dental Implants
One of the best things about dental implants is that practically every patient can get them. All that’s required is a mouth and jawbone healthy enough to support the new roots. When this has been confirmed by Dr. Pogue, he can pair implants with a variety of restorations:
Missing One Tooth
Rather than having to reshape two teeth to support a bridge that replaces a single tooth, Dr. Pogue can simply attach a crown to an implant root and position it within the smile. This approach leaves the rest of a patient’s teeth alone, preserving their remaining dental structure.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Prosthetics like bridges and dentures can be secured using implants to replace consecutive missing teeth as well as those located throughout the mouth. Implants provide incredible stability, plus they help the new teeth last much longer compared to regular bridges and dentures as well.
Missing All of Your Teeth
All it takes is just four to six implants placed along the jaw to support a full denture that instantly brings back an entire row of teeth. In addition to fitting more comfortably than regular dentures, implant dentures also restore much more of a patient’s bite strength, meaning they can chew a wider variety of foods with ease (particularly cooked meats).
Start to Finish Convenience
As a Fellow with the International Dental Implant Association, Dr. Pogue has undergone countless hours of training specifically dedicated to dental implants. Thanks to this, he’s one of the few dentists in the Bettendorf area who is able to both place the new roots as well as attach them to a patient’s new teeth. This one-stop-shop approach is much more convenient for patients versus dental offices that have to refer out for each procedure, and it allows Dr. Pogue to save people time and money while they rebuild their smile.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants are extremely versatile and can be personalized to help patients dealing with any degree of tooth loss. Because of this, the cost of the procedure can vary quite a bit from patient to patient. To get an accurate estimate of what you’ll be expected to pay, Dr. Pogue will need to give you an exam at a consultation. This will enable him to go over every detail of what your particular implant process will be like. While it’s true that implants can be a sizeable investment, they are one that’s intended to last for decades. Most other tooth replacements only have a lifespan of about five to seven years, meaning the average implant patient ends up saving thousands by comparison on periodic maintenance alone.